Wednesday, September 14, 2016

April James Chalk Paint Queen!


Lucky me!!  I finally got to check out April  James' darling shop in Spanish Fork. I'm imbarrassed to admit that it's been opened for months, but whenever I go grocery shopping nearby, it's always after she's closed!  
Happily for me, another errand brought me nearby at a reasonable hour!! 
I've shopped both of her previous stores, and knew it would be charming!! 
How cute is this display of homemade soaps? 

What a great trunk!! 
And pork on a platter? Yes, please! 

Her brother made these stunning  Steam Punk Tables!! 
How perfect ...
are these!! 
And I love the grain sack look, these are fabulous dish towels!! 
Galvanized goodness! 
And now we approach April's real talent. She does fabulous antique looking finishes with her signature chalk paint!!
And she is one of the most talented artists doing this kind of finishing, if not THE most talented. 
Her work looks authentically old!! 


She sells the chalk paint she uses AND teaches classes too!! 
I saved the best for last, how wonderful is this Union Jack table!!  Wouldn't it look great in my Englush cottage parlor someday?  OK. Maybe in slightly muted colors!  

Thanks April!  I love it all!!   

No comments:

Post a Comment