Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Valentines Decor and an Invite For Tea


Welcome to my house and Valentines decor!   This year I have up at least four times my normal amount and this is why. 

While we were doing our master suite in the attic, my talented hubs was posting each step on Facebook.   That lead to whenever I saw an aquaintance they asked for a tour. 

I finally decided an open house would be perfect to show off the attic. Valentines seemed like a likely time to do it, so we are now looking toward to February 12th from 7 to 9 to share!  Given the announcement of this Valentines Tea and open house, more decor than the norm was in order!  (You, by the way, are invited too!). 218 N Main in Payson,the Fleaology house! 
So here we go ... I left my red and white snowman display from Christmas, since it is still winter. How nice that red and white are Valentines colors too! 
My winter banner also remained, and the cherubs in the spandral got heart garlanded. 
My angel desk got loaded with red, white and pink. 
I had to paint the L and E. 
I love this sweet valentines glass front game box I got at Treasures last year...
and the craft I did at Jenn's cookie exchange also last year.  I checked out stores  for decor, and bought only one item ...
My primitive doll got a new home and a heart on her funnel hat! 
Here's the new stuff, a Valentine's basket I commissioned from my talented friend Joanne, and the light up heart, which is the only thing I found at a traditional stire. 
My side table boasts the love sign that didn't sell at 3Dotters, and some crafts I did years ago. 
Here's the other reinvented candy box, 
And my Valentines girl!  
The piano keeps a bit of its winter scene ...
and my dining room mantel gets the works. 
Love the red and white trees I go for 70% off at Block 100 Antiques after Christmas. 
My 10 year old 30's Valentines wreath makes its first appearance in years!  Yes. To fill my house I was digging deep!  But it was always a favorite, so it's nice to Welcome it back upstairs. 
And last of all my red and white dishes in the kitchen. Sans the Jadite, they're quite romantic, don't you think?  

Thanks for dropping by, if you're local please save the date for my Valentines open house, I'd love to meet you. 

2 comments:

  1. Love all your Valentine decor!! I did the same with the candy boxes too!! And your red and white dishes are to die for! I am a lover of red, especially in the Kitchen!!
    Thanks so much for sharing!!

    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Debbie, decorating old candy boxes is so fun. A rare chance to use bits of antique lace!

      Delete