Friday, May 22, 2015

Old Texas Missions.


Here we are visiting the Catholic missions here in San Antonio ... This first one is the oldest, San Fransisco de la Espada.  It's named for Saint Francis of the sword. 
Here's my girls in front of this charming early 1700s chapel. 
I love the red brick around the window mixed with the gray stone. Originally it was all stuccoed and white washed, of course I love the aged brick and exposed stone. 
My grand girl Charlie walks up the isle of the church. 
       This is Saint Francis of the sword 
There are three missions close together and we went to the San Jaun mission next.  Here I am with Charlie and her mom, Britt 
This mission has white washed stucco. 
I loved this water feature in the garden of the parsonage.  

Wouldn't it be amazing to live in a 300 year old house!! 
                 Great photo op too! 
Here's the interior of the San Jaun chapel 

  We had a great time! Time to go kids!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment