Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Book Club Christmas Luncheon

One of my favorite traditions at Christmastime is my Book Club's Christmas Luncheon.
We have been having this luncheon for 13 years, and I always get to host.  I guess that is a blessing I get because I LOVE to host.  Of course the ladies all help with the meal, and its usually based on the book that we read for December.  

We chose our menu this year from the menu in the dining car on board the California Zephyr, since we read David Baldacci's  The Christmas Train. 



I set the table with my Christmas dishes ...

Book Club friends brought the food ...

And we had a lovely party.  We discussed the book, which I had recommended, and about half of us liked it as much as I had ... then we moved to the parlor where we exchanged favorite books, using the 'white elephant exchange' method.  It was a lovely afternoon, and I am so grateful for these amazing ladies, and am so proud to call them friends, my literary friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment