Saturday, November 29, 2014

Getting Ready for PCMC Festival of Trees 2014 - Mad Hatter




I've been away from the computer this week, with a fun project, which accounts for the late blog post!

Let me share what has been taking all my time!

I have been working on a tree and the accouterments for the Festival of Trees, a fund raiser to provide charity care at Primary Children's Hospital, the premiere children's hospital in the Intermountian West.

 Our theme for the tree this year is, if you haven't already guessed ... the Mad Hatter's Christmas Tea Party!

Here are a couple of types of ornaments for the tree.
 ... and the beginnings of a gift basket for under the tree.
 ..and what Mad Hatter's tea party would be complete without, well, the tea party of course ... I've gathered odd chairs all year to paint in our color scheme ....
... and the table is one that we adapted, including a new top, from a table I found at a yard sale this summer!

Set up will be on Monday, so next week you can see the completed project here!  If you live in the area and are going to attend, our tree spot is A-17!  

No comments:

Post a Comment