Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Summer Ribbon Flag - Patriotism!

 Hey friends, we are on the cusp of July, so I needed to put something patriotic on my door.

 I found this beauty on Pinterest that I loved, but wanted something a little more tailored.  You can look at this blog to see it and others!



I gathered up some red and white and blue starred ribbon, decided to use an old ruler for a base and went to work.

I debated using a ribbon stapled to both sides to hang it, but noticed this sparkly star and thought it fit the look I was going for, so I just hot glued it in place.  It had a tiny hanging hole at the top, so I just wired it onto my wreath nail on the front door!


I think it provides the perfect amount of whimsy for my July holidays, don't you?  Since I am a ribbon addict, I didn't have to buy a thing!!  The whole project, including ironing the ribbon, took a half an hour.  Now that's my kind of lazy day project!

3 comments:

  1. Love it, Paula. I pinned that same flag, but I like yours better. Fast crafties are happy crafties in my book. =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute Paula! I love the one with vintage lace too!
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete