Friday, February 28, 2014

Marquee Arrows Light Up!



Yesterday I got to attend a Reclaimologist sponsored art class in Salt Lake at Abode Antiques where we finished these awesome marquee arrows!
 When we arrived, each place was set with an unfinished arrow, and paint supplies.  We used Chalkdust Paint, and antique wax, both are available for sale at Abode, just above 9th east on 33rd south.
The color combinations were unlimited ...

 Here we see Mandy, far left, demonstrating painting skills, while Shannon in the middle mixes more paint... Note their matching Reclaimologist shirts!


 This green arrow is painted and waxed, and is having its light bulbs installed.
Here are a group of finished arrows.

         and another group of arrows, including me and mine!!  

Shannon is going to be giving a short demonstration at the Vintage Whites Show next Saturday, on how to construct these arrows.


5 comments:

  1. How fun! I'd love to take that class and bring my own sign home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like so much fun! I really love the look of the marquee letters...are you putting your arrow in one of your booths? Of course it has to be red...any other color just won't get my attention. Well...maybe yellow with red trim...lol! They remind me of the old signs in the Neon Boneyard in Vegas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am putting it in my family room, and will likely haul it outside for flea.o.logy fun in May! They are doing another class at April James Interiors in Soanish Fork and I think there were a couple of slits left. Check out the reclaimologists and Other Crafty Chicks on Facebook.

      Delete
  3. I love these arrow marquees! I can't see the brand name of the lights you used on the picture just RE something. Are they just Christmas lights? Do you remember the brand name? Do the people who give the classes sell those lights? I'd love to know - i want one, but i am too far away to take the course :( - thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My friend said she got the lights at Target. Good luck.

      Delete