Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Becoming a Reclaimologist


 I got these stools painted in time for flea.o.logy on August 31st, but didn't get the designs done, though I knew what I wanted to do with them from the start.  Of course Graphics Fairy had the great design ... and I have the stamp set.  You may wonder why I have a King Bee ... Mr. P. asked me that very question, and I said it was his fault.  I couldn't do Queen Bee and Drone ... because all the men I know well are very hard working, especially him.  Thus, I have broken with tradition with King Bee and Queen Bee!

Since the stools weren't done until today, I had to decide where to sell them ... so now this becomes the story of how I became an official Reclaim-ologist and Crafty Chick ... yes, I have been booth of those things most of my life ... but for the last 4 months I have been official.

Reclaim-ologists and Other Crafty Chicks is the name of a facebook page where rehabilitated and crafted goods are sold locally.  There is a following of over 6,000 in this group, and some seriously amazing talent too.

Shannon, who is the main Reclaimologist, is a long time flea.o.logy flea market shopper, simply because our flea market is a great place to find goodies to rehab.

She even came and sold at flea.o.logy in May, and when I realized who she was ... R&OCC are pretty famous around here .... I asked if there was room for me in their group!  She put me on the waiting list, as she likes to maintain just 20 active sellers.  Within a couple of weeks, I was IN!

So this is where I will sell the chairs.  Pretty uncomplicated, as there is no shipping involved.  Below is the collage I put together to use on the R&OCC site. You might want to drop by, even if you are not local, there are always a lot of fun ideas to be had, if you too are a reclaimologist or a craft chick!


2 comments:

  1. Ooooooooh, these are awesome! They came out beautifully. Love the graphic you used!

    Jeanine

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun new venture! Hope it is a great outlet for your projects! The stools are great.

    ReplyDelete