Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Reinventing an Antique Photo Album

 
 
Today I wanted to share a bit of reinventing that resulted in the salvage of an antique celluloid covered photo album.  The album came to me with the cover in tact, but the binding of the album and the pages were pretty tattered.  I actually used the pages as picture matting, and tucked the album cover away.
 

This is what it looked like.



Fortunately I noticed that the album cover was just the right size to cover a smaller size collapsible file I also had on hand.  By covering a piece of cardboard for a new spine, and then bending (Scoring first with a straight edge and a razor blade) the card board sections that remained from the back of the original binding, and then gluing the new decorative spine in place.

Last of all, I glued the album covers to the outside covers of the collapsible file.


I now plan to used the fancified file to store family mementos.  Thanks for stopping by.


4 comments:

  1. An amazing idea! A great gift idea for small keepsakes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paula ~ that is a super GREAT idea! I love how it turned out...good one! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really a great idea! How do you come up with them? Mimi

    ReplyDelete