Friday, December 21, 2012

Good Food, Good Friends, Good Books!

Today I was going to give you eye candy ... a new booth at the antique mall that I have been drooling over ... alas, instead, you get Mustard and Maple Encrusted Pork Loin ... sorry about that.
 I took some delightful pics of this great new booth, and somehow cyberspace has eaten them, or maybe I accidentally deleted them, who knows ... computers are still a bit of a mystery to me.  So instead I will recap my Book Club luncheon.  I was actually pretty happy with how the pork loin turned out ... I used a meat thermometer for the first time in life  (Did I mention I am a pretty basic type cook?) and I also discovered Panko Breadcrumbs ...

Above is my darling daughter Emily ... she is 5 months pregnant with her second baby and decided to serve me by getting my walks cleared so that my book club friends would dare come to the luncheon ....
 A couple of days ago I showed you the table all set, and now you can see it set with food and ready to go ...  Just one thing can make it perfect, and that is the loveliest group of woman I have ever know.  These lady are loving, warm, kind, friendly, fun and they all love books as much as I do!! It just doesn't get better than that.

The book we discussed was The Red Suit Diaries by Ed Butchart, which is about a man who plays Santa in December, but who spends his year serving the under privileged ... its not fiction, and is a nice feel good read.
 
Ann, shown in the center, came back from sharing a 4 month sabbatical with her college professor husband in Australia and New Zealand the day before the luncheon ... She regaled us with wonderful travel tales, and even shared her time in Alice Springs, the town mention in a book we all love A Town Called Alice.
 
Thanks to my book club friends they do to enrich my life. 
 
If any of you who would like to see what books we have shared and loved, and even some we have wished we never started, you can go to our blog.  Thanks for stopping by.

2 comments:

  1. I would love to see the books you have been reading... I'll hop over there. The porl loin looks tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mary Ann ... we have read an interesting mix, because we all have slightly different tastes, we end up reading, and often liking books we would never have chosen for ourselves. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete