Saturday, November 3, 2012

The Acorn Antique Show


Well, its been a very long day, after a very long week.













I left at 7:00 A.M. and drove an hour and a half to just north of Ogden.  ...  I brought along several projects that I had tweaked to up their charm factor, like this antique train carrier.
I used this graphic from Graphics Fairy, cropping it and changing the colors to a sepia tone before decoupaging it onto the cute antique train carrier.
 


Setting up for the show is always a lot of work, but it is also a very creative experience, which I enjoy a lot.

 
This little white cupboard is one that was made during the depression out of fruit crates.  There are imprints from the crates visible on the inside of the doors.  But when I got it, it had been painted a garish yellow.  I was amazed at how the white paint improved it.

I loved my placement at the antique show.  I was next to my friend Bruce and across from my friend Cathie.
 


And its always fun to visit with out of state dealers that I only see at antique shoes.


Still, it makes for a long day and I worked from 8:30 until 5:00 getting it all in place and priced, and that after a week of getting goodies painted up, fixed up and packed up.  Exhausting.


Alas, the November show is always fun because all the Christmas goodies come out to look for new homes ... Here we see a nice collection of old Santas, who are happy to say "Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night!"  Bless you all!


3 comments:

  1. Looks like they had lots of goodies and many I wish I had. Thanks for posting. take care, Darlene

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't make it to the show this year. Just got back from a week in California. Looks like your Brew haha was a lot of fun. Love all of your Halloween decorations. You've got quite the collection! I'd like to sign up for the Christmas smash book along with my friend Janis. Hopefully it'll be in late January as we will be making another trip to Ca. at the beginning of Jan. (we have grandkids there!!) Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Pollyanna, Wow you have some great items. Setting up for a show is alot of work. I had not heard of this show until my friend, Amanda mentioned that her and hubby attended last year. Is it always held at the same time each year? Would love to try and make it next year.
    Hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete