Friday, August 17, 2012

Quickie Makeover Fun

Getting ready for flea.o.logy ... whoa just two weeks away!!  And then 3 weeks after that it will be Fallow Field Farm in Lindon!!  Better get my show stock built up!


The cute little oak four shelf stand, was sturdy, but sort of unmemorable.  Made in the 40's or 50's in a pseudo craftsman style ... it wanted to have some fun.


I just spray painted it black, love the hard lacquered look.  Then stenciled white numbers just to make you smile. 
Hope to see all you locals at  fleaology !  You won't regret it!

6 comments:

  1. I wish I lived closer!

    I had the craftsman version of that shelf. It now resides at our daughter's house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the quickie makeover of that unit! ..... Now tell me, what are those bird contraptions sitting on the top shelf? They are very cool looking and fascinating!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Her is the link to my steampunked birds, a fun spring project! http://pollyanna-reinvents.blogspot.com/2012/03/trash-to-treasure-springtime-steampunk.html

      Delete
  3. I'll be there if at all possible! Love the shelf and that footstool is darling. Mimi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I hope so ... saw your boss at an estate sale in Hoytsville today and wondered if you were minding the store!!

      Delete
  4. it's clever and charming!

    found you via the charm of home and would love to have you stop over and follow.

    http://hellolovelyinc.blogspot.com/2012/08/living-room-new-beginning.html

    smiles to you.

    michele

    ReplyDelete