Friday, October 14, 2011

Best Witches for a Happy, Crafty Halloween (Banner)

 Just wanted to share a fun project I just finished. This banner is made of 12 by 12 scrapbook card stock.  I love the black and white combinations and chose three, that I alternated.


I chose the 'stencil' font on my computer for the letters, and then cut them out in ovals and added a trim around them before gluing them on the flags (12" by 4 ") with Tacky Glue.
Then the flags were glued on the vintage trim with hot glue.

I was a little surprised by how big the banner turned out, but I do like the impact it makes. Definitely a 'centerpiece' for the room.

 These close up shots show some of the details. The 'B' flag has a gathered crepe paper border, the 'E' has a scalloped cut border of another b & w print. The "S" has a vintage b &w woven trim. 


I added a crow silhouette for the space between words that I made by coloring a crow I got off Graphics Fairy with a Sharpy marker.   Last of all I tied bits of trims, vintage lace, torn muslin, crepe paper and ribbons between the flags.

I would like to thank  my friend Jenn whose amazing flag banners have influenced me to try a hand at my own.

9 comments:

  1. Awesome- I love it!! I might have to give this a try :)

    Thanks so much for coming by my blog and leaving some comment love! I'm so glad you did because now I get to see your amazing projects. I'm going to start following you now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG so cute! Love, love, love your banner! Very clever!

    Jeanine

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore banners and this is simply gorgeous! Saw this over at The Graphics Fairy. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Your banner is really beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all of the papers you used! Looks amazing together. Thanks for linking up at Etcetorize~

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty and love that it was made with scrapbook papers. The papers don't look particularly Halloweenish on their own but when used in this banner the look just works. I am a new follower from Tatertots and Jello. Vicky from www.messforless.net

    ReplyDelete
  7. Simple and so pretty!

    ReplyDelete